Leave a comment
June 9, 2010 by Sara Kreidler
Toby made this pasta puttanesca from scratch, and it was delicious. If memory serves, the recipe went something like this:
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 tin anchovy fillets, some oil reserved
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pits removed and sliced in half, some oil/brine reserved
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 8 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks, some juice reserved
- 1 pound linguine, cooked al dente
- Good, crusty bread
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large cast iron pan over medium and add olive oil, garlic, anchovies, and chile flakes. Saute mixture until anchovies melt into oil. Add olives, capers, and tomatoes. Add reserved oil and juices from anchovies, olives, and tomatoes. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Toss sauce with cooked pasta and serve with bread, salad, and Parmesan cheese. And wine.