November 30, 2010 by Sara Kreidler
We preserved a half bushel of green beans for the winter, but because time was short and my canning skills and experience are weak, we froze rather than canned the beans (next year I want to do some dilly beans, though).
- Rinse beans in cold water.
- Trim ends from beans.
- Blanch beans in a large pot of boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Remove beans from boiling water and transfer to a large bowl of ice water for 5 minutes.
- Remove beans from ice water and spread out on a large towel to dry.
- Transfer beans to freezer bags and freeze until ready to use.