February 10, 2011 by Sara Kreidler
Serve this with smashed potatoes with artichokes.
Adapted from “Everyday Italian” by Giada DiLaurentiis
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4-pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Place the chicken pieces in a pyrex baking pan and pour vinaigrette over top. Use kitchen tongs to toss the chicken in the vinaigrette until well covered. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day, using kitchen tongs to occasionally toss the chicken in the vinaigrette to keep it well coated.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Transfer the chicken pieces in a clean, room temperate pyrex baking pan and place in the oven. Roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 1 hour. If the chicken browns too quickly, cover it with foil for the remaining cooking time.