February 10, 2011 by Sara Kreidler
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 pounds small red skinned potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can of artichoke hearts in brine (not oil), drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Cut top off of 1 head of garlic, drizzle olive oil over top and wrap loosely in aluminum foil; roast garlic in oven for 10 minutes or until soft and light brown. Remove roasted garlic cloves from head by squeezing firmly; set garlic aside.
- Boil potatoes in a large pot of water about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and coarsely smash with a potato masher or large fork; potatoes should be chunky, not smooth.
- Combine smashed potatoes with mayonnaise, artichoke hearts, ¾ cup of Parmesan, roasted garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Pour potato mixture into an 8×8 square pyrex baking dish and top with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.