July 10, 2011 by Sara Kreidler
I’ve mentioned previously that Hendrick’s gin is pretty awesome. St. Germain, a liqueur made from elderflower, is equally awesome. Combine the two and it will make you happy. Also, look at those bottles — so beautiful. And drinking out of a Ball jar makes everything taste better.
Adapted, barely, from the Hendrick’s website
- 1 1/2 ounces Hendrick’s gin
- 3/4 ounce St. Germain
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 6 mint leaves
- Club soda
- 2 thin slices of cucumber
- Combine Hendrick’s, St. Germain, lime juice, simple syrup and mint leaves in the bottom of a pint jar (or if you want to be less fun, a regular old glass) and muddle well.
- Fill jar 1/2 way with ice, then add club soda to fill glass. Add sliced cucumber and serve. Makes 1 drink.