August 9, 2011 by Sara Kreidler
- 1/4 of a seedless watermelon
- Club soda
- Cut pink flesh of watermelon away from rind and discard rind. Cut melon into large chunks. Transfer a few chunks to a cocktail shaker or sturdy glass and muddle until the melon is broken down.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a mixing bowl. Pour muddled melon and juice from cocktail shaker into mesh strainer. Using a large spoon, press melon firmly against mesh strainer to squeeze out as much juice as possible into the bowl below. When the melon is completely juiced, discard pulp and pour juice into a glass quart jar. Repeat until the entire melon has been juiced.
- Fill jar or sturdy glass 1/2 way with ice. Pour 1/2 cup watermelon juice over ice Add 1 1/2 ounces vodka to the jar and mix well to combine. Top off with chilled club soda so that jar is 3/4 of the way full. Serve immediately.
- Leftover watermelon juice can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days.