September 6, 2011 by Sara Kreidler
Double kettle! WHOA!!! What does it mean?!
It means that we had a busy Labor Day weekend. We put up:
- 10 quarts of canned crushed tomatoes
- 5 pints of canned pickled soy & wasabi green beans
- 21 pints of canned pickled peppers
- 5 pints of canned dilly carrots
- 5 quarts of canned chicken stock
- 3 ½ pints of canned tomato jam
- 3 quart bags of frozen corn
We also made:
- 1 pint basil infused simple syrup
- 1 pint mint infused simple syrup
- 1 quart watermelon juice
- 1 pint grape juice
And then we had some friends over and we munched on pickles, dilly beans, tomato jam, grilled stuffed peppers, burgers and sausage, caprese pasta salad, corn on the cob and big slices of watermelon. We drank beer and watermelon and basil coolers and generally had a great time.
Posts on most of these items are in the works, so stay tuned for details.